Monday, February 23, 2015

I Love Hanging With You!

 Hi everyone! I hope that you all have a nice weekend. I enjoyed some extra time with my husband this weekend (thanks to the snow day on Friday!), enjoyed a friend's birthday party, and enjoyed watching my daughter walk!! She took a few steps a week ago, but she is getting really quick at it now!

Anyways, I have a fun card to share with you this morning that I made for the Lawn Fawn blog today!!


This card features some of Lawn Fawn's newest products, "Critters in the Jungle" and "Flirty Frames," (and their coordinating dies) as well as some older stamps, "Smitty's ABCs" and "Love You S'more," for the sentiment.


To create this card, I first added some blue and green ink to the white card base. Then, I used the Critters in the Jungle dies to cut a bunch of grass, leaves, and bananas from patterned paper and adhered them to the card base. The monkeys are cut from both brown and light brown card stock. To get the monkey facing the other way, I first die cut the monkey from brown card stock, then flipped the image over, and mirror stamped the monkey on the back of the cut out. For the sentiment, I first stamped the frame, then the "Hanging" to make sure that it was in the middle. I had to do a little bit of partial stamping to get the rest of the sentiment, but that wasn't too difficult. Then, I die cut the frame and attached it with foam tape.

Well, thank you so much for stopping by, and thank you Kelly Marie for featuring my card today on the Lawn Fawn Blog! I hope you all have a good day! :)

5 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you had a nice weekend :)! Your card is absolutely ADORABLE! I love the custom sentiment and paper piecing! Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun weekend!! This is the cutest scene!!! The sentiment is so clever! Love all of the patterned paper! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Elise, this is super adorable!!! LOVE your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute little scene! Those hanging monkeys are adorable. LOVE your sweet custom sentiment, Elsie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)