Monday, October 20, 2014

Creative Blog Hop!

Hello again! This is my second post for the day. If you are looking for my Lawnscaping post, keep scrolling down or click here! :)

I have special post to share with you today! I was tagged by my friend, Allison, from One Happy Crafter to participate in the Creative Blog Hop! So, I will be answering a few questions so that you can get to know me better!



A little bit about me first: I am married to my college sweetheart and I am currently a stay at home mom with my 10 month old little girl (that picture is old - she's a lot bigger now!). We are very involved in our church as the youth leaders and in other roles, so that definitely keeps us busy! I have been crafting for about 4 years now (when I received a Cricut as a Christmas present!), but did not start stamping until maybe 3 years ago (and I don't think I will stop!) Ok, now onto the questions:

1. What am I currently working on?
I am usually working on upcoming Lawnscaping Challenges (I'm currently creating a card for the November 3rd challenge). I am also trying to start Christmas cards so that I don't have to make a ton of cards at the last minute (but I'll probably get distracted and have to do a bunch at the end anyways). I might also participate in a small craft show soon, so I should probably start making a bunch of cards for that. We'll see if I get that far!

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I'm not really sure how it differs from others, but my cards are usually very clean and simple with punny sentiments and cute images. Most of my work includes images from Lawn Fawn (because they're just so cute!!). I don't usually jump on current trends either, but just kind of do whatever I enjoy the most. And that is usually simple, punny cards. :)

3. Why do I create what I do?
 I create because I really like mailing cards to friends and family or making little gifts for them. I like to help brighten their day and put a smile on their face (hence the punny and cute cards!).

4. How does your creative process work?
Well, I don't have much of a "process." I usually just create and see where it takes me. Therefore, it usually takes me a long time to get cards and projects done (hours and sometimes even days!). Plus, I have a 10 month old little girl so I don't have much time as it is for crafting (but I wouldn't trade that time with her for anything!). If I have a specific idea in mind, then it usually doesn't take too long and I can get a bunch of cards done at once. Usually, I just try to relax and have fun crafting!

So, now it's my turn to tag someone else, and I tag Yuki from Handmade by Yuki! I started following her blog recently through her participation in the Lawnscaping Challenges and her cards are always so inspiring! I am always looking forward to seeing what she creates and I'm sure that you'll be inspired as well! Don't forget to check out her blog on October 27th to learn more about her creative process! :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

  1. Great post Elise! Loved reading about your creative process and learning more about you :)! Thank you for the nomination and kind words ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Elise! So nice to get to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun post, Elise! I really enjoyed reading about your creative style and learning about your adorable family! Such a sweet picture! Thanks for sharing and for the happy mail :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! They brighten my day! :)